Last updated on June 11th, 2019 at 09:45 pm
You can smell it on every street corner. Nearly every child has their own bucket, and they are a great souvenir after the vacation has come to an end. But what do we know about Popcorn buckets and Popcorn refills at Walt Disney World?
Refillable Popcorn Buckets
Popcorn buckets range in price from $10 to $20 and everything in between. Every holiday, season, special occasion and land within a park has a different style of the bucket. Lucky for you, popcorn stands don’t care where you bought them from. As long as that bucket is available for sale, they are eligible for a discounted refill. This is why Popcorn buckets are advertised as refillable for the length of stay.
Each bucket refill costs $1.75. This is a good deal when you consider that purchasing popcorn in a standard container (usually a printed box like at the theatres) costs around $5.
Popcorn itself is a snack credit on the Disney Dining Plan, and so is a refill. A popcorn refill is not the best use of a Dining Plan snack credit if you are looking to maximize value, however. In order to maximize your snack credit, you will want to purchase something that is over $5. At the same time, the initial purchase of a popcorn bucket is not allowed as a snack credit option.
If the bucket doesn’t have a lanyard-type handle to wear or hang over your shoulders, it is suggested to bring a carabiner clip to attach your popcorn bucket to your park bag or stroller. This way you do not have to carry it in your hands.
If all that popcorn makes you thirsty, remember that you can get a free cup of water at any dining location that serves fountain drinks. This is when bringing your own refillable water bottle comes to play.
Refillable popcorn buckets can be found at popcorn carts around the theme parks and water parks and Disney Springs. Following is a list of a few common locations where Popcorn buckets can normally be purchased and/or refilled.
- Main Street Popcorn Cart – Left entrance of train station near Guest Relations
- Castle Plaza Popcorn Cart – On the Tomorrowland side of the hub at the end of Main Street
- Fantasyland Maurice’s Amazing Popping Machine – Between Gaston’s Tavern and Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Fantasyland Storybook Circus Popcorn Cart
- Liberty Square Popcorn Cart – Near Liberty Tree Tavern
- Frontierland – Beside Westward Ho Refreshments
- Frontierland – Outside Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Tomorrowland Popcorn Cart
- Adventureland Snack Cart- Between Pirates of the Caribbean and Jungle Cruise
- Future World West Popcorn – Cart across from Imagination Pavilion
- Future World East Popcorn – Near Test Track
- Canada Pavilion
- Fife and Drum Tavern – America Pavilion
- Future World Popcorn Cart – Near pin trading station
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Hot and Fresh Popcorn – Just past Starbucks
- Animation Courtyard Popcorn Cart
- Hub Popcorn Cart – near Hyperion Theater
- Hollywood Hills Amphitheater – Fantasmic!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Mahindi Snack Cart in Harambe
- Harambe Market
- Corn-Ivore – Dino – Land
- The Feeding Ground – Discovery Island
- Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks outside the entrance to Expedition Everest