Last Updated on May 15, 2021
The Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts began today at Walt Disney World Resort, celebrating visual, culinary and performing arts from around the world. Through Feb. 22, you can experience this celebration as part of regular park admission, with something to satisfy every palate – and every palette!
The festival invites you to eat great works of art. More than 15 Food Studios throughout the park offer imaginative, art-inspired food and drink featuring clever culinary creations cooked up by Disney chefs.
- NEW! Vibrante & Vívido Food Studio – located between Morocco and France in World Showcase – features a Chilled Seafood Cocktail, Blue Corn Pupusa and Passion Fruit Mousse, along with a Coconut and Passion Fruit Smoothie and more.
- The Artist’s Table at The American Adventure offers a menu that includes Beef Wellington, a Sipping Chocolate Flight and guest-favorite Artist Palette Jumbo Chocolate Chip Cookie.
- The Painter’s Palate in World Showplace features Prime Steak Tartare, Pistachio Cake and a selection of cocktails.
- Festival Favorites – also in World Showplace – offers Remy’s Ratatouille, a Lemon Blood-Orange Tart, the Neapolitan Beer Flight and more.
For full menus from each Food Studio, plus other festival-related foodie fun, check out ArtfulEPCOT.com.
More than 100 talented artists will visit the park over the course of the 46-day event, showcasing pieces in a wide variety of styles and disciplines. You can explore Festival Markets throughout the park to purchase new discoveries and, in some cases, meet the artists in person (while adhering to physical-distancing protocols).
- Disney-inspired art is available throughout Festival Markets, ranging in styles from classic to whimsical to edgy. Non-Disney art is available, as well.
- Visiting artists create new pieces live during the festival, providing insight into their processes and personalizing pieces for guests.
- Artists and Festival Markets will rotate throughout the festival, so you’ll likely find something new each time you visit.
- Event-specific merchandise is available throughout the park, including shirts, caps, face coverings, trading pins, MagicBands, homeware and more.
This year’s festival also offers a multi-disciplinary showcase of performances, including music and visual arts.
- NEW! Voices of Liberty take the America Gardens Theatre stage with a brand-new showcase – the Disney Songbook. Featuring classic Disney tunes, this lively performance celebrates the artistry of Disney composers.
- Performance artists rotate throughout the festival in World Showplace, including thrilling feats of strength from Art Defying Gravity, a pianist playing favorite Disney songs, and a high-energy onstage performance by a guest artist who paints Disney characters in only a matter of minutes.
- You can also take in the festive atmosphere created by the popular JAMMitors, performing live on the Mill Stage in the Canada pavilion.
The festival also creates plenty of ways to express your own artistic talents and style.
- The Animation Academy at America Gardens Theatre features a Disney artist providing guests a step-by-step lesson in drawing Disney characters.
- Expression Section: A Paint-by-Number Mural invites you to help complete a larger-than-life piece of art created for the festival by Disney Imagineers.
- Around World Showcase, you can step into famous artwork in special photo-opportunity installations.
- On the bridge from Future World to World Showcase, you’ll discover the work of imaginative chalk artists. You can also find chalk drawings of Disney characters tucked away in corners throughout World Showcase.
- With Spin Art, you create your own art by choosing favorite colors and then “spinning” them to life via a specially made stationary bicycle.
- Through Enemy Ink, express your own special fashion sense by choosing a color, design and style and then watch as a custom t-shirt is printed right before your eyes.
In Figment’s Brush with the Masters, you help Figment learn more about art in a family-friendly scavenger hunt around World Showcase. After purchasing a map and stickers, look for Figment hiding inside famous works of art at each pavilion. Once you complete the journey, return the map to the park’s Disney Traders for an artful surprise.
You May Also Like…