Last Updated on May 15, 2021
Annual Passholders are being given the option to refund their passes early at Disney World as restrictions on operational hours and certain attractions take hold.
Disney has released information on how they plan to calculate refunds due to those pass holders who are eligible.
Partial Refund Eligibility/Calculation
- The refund amount, if any, for each pass circumstance is unique and based on factors such as: new or renewal, down payment amount, refunds to date, activation date, etc.
- If the total amount that you paid for your pass(es) (minus any refunds already given and any payments waived, returned or not collected) exceeds the “usable value” (see below) of your pass(es), that excess will be refunded to you.
- The usable value of your pass(es) equals the total sale price of your pass(es) multiplied by the number of days that you could have visited any park prior to March 16 and divided by the total number of access days to any park permitted under the pass(es) at pass activation.
- If you made a payment between July 11, 2020 and August 11, 2020 or a payment between March 14, 2020 and April 4, 2020 that was not already refunded, your refund will be at least the amount of any such payment(s).
How to Take Action
- If you have already elected to cancel your pass(es), this will be automatically processed for your pass(es). You do not need to take any additional action.
- If you have not selected any option (no action) and would like to select this option to cancel your pass(es), please refer to the email from Disney Destinations on July 14, 2020, and use the personalized link available through August 11, 2020. Or, you may call V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
- If you previously took action to elect to continue with your pass(es) and now would like to cancel your pass(es), please call V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.
Important Dates for Annual Passholders Who Decide to Cancel Their Passes
|August 11||Last day to cancel annual pass. For Passholders who selected to cancel their pass, this is the last day that their pass is valid.|
|August 12||For Passholders who selected to cancel their pass, pass will no longer be valid for entry.|
|Mid- to Late September||If applicable, refunds to original form of payment can be expected by mid- to late September. Refunds may take up to an additional month to receive if original form of payment is not available.|
Please share your thoughts in the comments or reach out on social media...We would love to hear from you.
You May Also Like…