Today’s adventurous meal comes straight out of the Magic Kingdom. We are trying our hand at Cheeseburger Spring Rolls.
Have you had the spring rolls from the cart in Magic Kingdom? If the answer is no, first off you are really missing out. Second, I am here to give you the best at-home recipe for them, that way you don’t need to travel all the way to Disney to enjoy them.
The spring roll cart is located between Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean and is one of the hidden gems in Magic Kingdom. Their signature is the Cheeseburger Spring Roll.
We have tried this recipe a handful of times before coming up with our own unique take on the Cheeseburger Spring Rolls, which includes modifying the recipe itself.
We strongly suggest only using a single layer of Spring Roll wrapper and filling it with 2tbsp of stuffing, as opposed to the formally instructed 2 layer wrapper and 1 tbsp stuffing. We also halved the amount of bread crumbs required. They came out far too dry and hard, these modifications made the Cheeseburger Spring Rolls much more of a softer treat, moist and enjoyable snack.
Adventureland Cheeseburger Spring Rolls
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 cup Cubed Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Dill Pickle
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 64 Spring Roll Wrappers
- 1 Egg
- In skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook red onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef, cook until browned (about 4 min).
- Drain in a strainer, pressing out liquid. Return to pan.
- Stir in cheese, cook over medium heat until melted (about 2 min) scrape into a bowl.
- Stir bread crumbs, pickle, green onions, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper into beef mixture, let cool for 15 min.
- Place 2 tbsp beef mixture on bottom 1/3 of the wrapper.
- Fold the bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling.
- Fold in sides and roll up until a 2-inch triangle of wrapper remains at the top.
- Mix egg with 2 teaspoons of water; lightly brush over the triangle and loosely roll up to seal.
- Place rolls, seam side down, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 F, turning once, until golden brown (about 25 min)