Next year is going to be our 10th wedding anniversary and my parents have been toying with the idea of bringing the whole family to Disney as a giant family vacation. That’s 10 people, 3 families and a truckload of kids. There is a lot to plan when everyone’s preferences are taken into consideration so finding the perfect dining reservation to collect ourselves is especially important.
If you plan on making reservations for a large group while visiting Disney World, here are some tips and a list of available Table Service restaurants with their maximum party sizes to help you plan.
Note that it is extremely important to make advanced dining reservations (ADR). These become available 180 days before the check-in date and are good for the first 10 days of your vacation. You can book reservations online via MyDisneyExperience or call 407-WDW-DINE. Online booking beings typically at 6:00 a.m. EST and the phone lines open at 7:00 a.m. daily.
It might be easier to get a dining reservation for a large group by calling, this way if there are any hiccups a Disney Cast Member can help.
When making your Advanced Dining Reservations, you’ll encounter maximums which vary depending on the restaurant. Some have a max of 8; some max out much higher.
Tips for Dining with a Large Group
- If booking a large group, try eating during off hours instead of during peak dining times to maximize your chances of securing an Advanced Dining Reservation.
- When making reservations, don’t be afraid to split your group into a few reservations. Your party may be split anyway depending on the size of your group. Note – If you do try to book 2 reservations you will need to call the reservation line as opposed to booking online since the website won’t allow you to hold 2 reservations that overlap.
- An automatic gratuity of 18% is added onto all parties of 6 more.
- Like all Advanced Dining Reservations, book in the order of popularity NOT in the chronological order of your trip.
- When making dining reservations for large groups, be aware that most restaurants have a maximum group size per reservation. This varies based on restaurant and time. We will touch on that more below.
- All members of a party must be present in order to be seated, so make sure everybody knows when and where they are supposed to be!
- Some Disney Springs restaurants reserve tables apart from the Disney reservation service. If you cannot find any available reservations, try to
callingthe restaurant itself, rather than Disney.
Best Restaurants For Large Families At Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World is a great vacation for families and groups of all sizes. When it comes to dining, there are definitely restaurants that are more accommodating to larger groups than others.
- The Crystal Palace – Magic Kingdom
- Chef Mickey’s – Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Biergarten – Germany Pavilion, Epcot
- Trail’s End
- Whispering Canyon Cafe – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Cape May Cafe – Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- 1900 Park Fare – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Via Napoli
- Hoop Dee Doo Revue
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Hollywood & Vine – Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- ‘Ohana – Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Worst Restaurants For Large Families At Walt Disney World
Not all restaurants were created equally. Some just don’t have the capacity to hold large groups. These are the worse restaurants for large groups at Disney.
- Beaches and Cream Soda Shop – Beach Club Resort
- Artist Point – Wilderness Lodge
- Le Cellier Steakhouse – Epcot
- Rose & Crown Pub – Epcot
- Coral Reef – Epcot
- Cinderella’s Royal Table – Magic Kingdom
- 50’s Prime Time Café – Hollywood Studios
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater – Hollywood Studios
Please share your thoughts in the comments or reach out on social media...We would love to hear from you.
You May Also Like
- Finding a Hotel for a Family of 5 or More
- Survival Guide: Visiting Disney World As A Group
- Touring plan strategies for Disney World with large families
For Disney destinations, our preferred travel agency is Clickthemouse. They specialize in Disney destinations and will help you with all the details like dining, FastPasses, Magical Express, park days, etc. The best part is that their services are FREE when you book your vacation with them. Personalized service at no extra cost to you! To get a quote from a Click the Mouse travel agent, simply click on the quote button below and they will be in touch: