Adults can now wear costumes at the Magic Kindom. Here’s what adult Disney travellers need to remember. Today marks the Halloween season at Magic Kingdom theme park, with fall and Halloween decorations hung, new Autumn character cavalcades in full swing, and costumes everywhere Guests turn!
According to a Disney Parks Blog post, costumes may be worn by Guests 14 years of age and older from today through October 31 and must adhere to these guidelines:
To bring some Halloween party fun into the park this year, for the first time guests of all ages can wear your funniest, Disney-ist, most creative costumes during Magic Kingdom Park regular operating hours from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31. As an important reminder, costume masks are not permitted for adults; only children younger than 14 years old are permitted to wear costume masks.Disney Park Blog
While Disney does encourage creativity, they also value safety and good judgment. If you’re planning to attend these special events, take a moment to read over the latest rules and regulations:
- Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
- All Guests may dress as their favourite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from Disney parks unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
For Guests ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and provide unobstructed peripheral vision at all times with openings that allow the eyes to be fully seen.
For Guests ages 14 and older:
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (for example, full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include; transparent wings, plastic lightsabers, toy swords and tutus. Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Masks of any kind may not be worn (unless they are for medical or Guest safety purposes)
Please share your thoughts in the comments or reach out on social media...We would love to hear from you.
You May Also Like…