The Walt Disney World Resort theme park reservation system is officially revealed! Disney has shared exactly how the new reservation system will work and when Guests can begin booking.
As a reminder, the Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom reopen on July 11. EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopen on July 15. All Guests will need a reservation in order to enter any of the theme parks.
To manage attendance during this reopening period we are introducing the new Disney Park Pass system. During this time, all guests with a ticket or Annual Pass will be required to make a reservation in advance for each park entry, using this new online tool on DisneyWorld.com.
Here are a few important details to know about this new system:
Below are the dates when reservations will be available:
- Beginning June 22, 2020, Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations.
- Beginning June 26, 2020, Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations.
- Beginning June 28, 2020, existing ticket holders can make reservations.
Here’s what you need to know about making a Walt Disney World theme park reservation using the all-new Disney Park Pass System:
- You need a My Disney Experience account, and you need to link your valid theme park ticket or annual pass (be sure to link the tickets and passes of all of the people in your party so you can make a park reservation at the same time). You also need to link your Disney Resort hotel reservation to your My Disney Experience account, if you have booked a stay at a Disney hotel.
- Once you’ve logged into your My Disney Experience account and linked your ticket, you’ll have access to a calendar that will show the available reservation dates for each theme park.
- If you have a multi-day ticket, you will be required to make a park reservation for each date of your visit. Again, as a reminder, families and friends can link their tickets together and look to arrange theme park entries at the same time.
- At this time, Disney says that Guests will only be able to select one park per day. Visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations.
Please note, park reservations are limited in number and subject to availability. Availability can change until the reservation is finalized. At this time, guests will be able to select one park per day; visiting more than one park per day will be temporarily unavailable upon the reopening of the theme parks due to attendance limitations. Guests with existing tickets that include the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option have options available to them for ticket modifications and cancellations. We hope to bring back the ability to visit more than one park per day soon and will continue to offer these add-ons for 2021 ticket purchases.
For Existing Ticket Holders and Annual Passholders: Beginning this week, Disney will reach out to existing ticket holders and Annual Passholders with more information on when they will be able to check availability to make their park reservations. They will open the Disney Park Pass system to these guests in phases, beginning with those with future Disney Resort and other select hotel stays.
Later this summer, Disney will resume sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals, based on the availability of park reservations, while we continue to provide guests with existing tickets and Annual Passholders the opportunity to make park reservations for 2020 dates.
Planning a New Trip for Next Year: By June 28, all guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as phased reopening continues. Guests will be able to view park reservation availability on DisneyWorld.com prior to purchasing their tickets.
You May Also Like…