Last updated on December 19th, 2019 at 09:41 am
Mobile Ordering in Disney World
Mobile Order was introduced in May 2017. Launched within the My Disney Experience app, Mobile Order allows guests to pre-order and pre-pay for their food at participating Counter Service Restaurants around Walt Disney World. Upon arrival at the restaurant, guests using Mobile Order can then bypass the ordering queue and go straight to a designated Pick Up Counter to get their food.
There are two methods of paying via Mobile Order. Guests may pay with a credit card, or guests participating with the Disney Dining Plan may use meal and snack credits.
If you would like to use Disney Gift Cards or any discounts that may be available to you, like Annual Pass discounts, you will need to order in person at the restaurant.
Where can I use Mobile Ordering?
Guests can now order their meals at select dining locations throughout the Walt Disney World Resort using the My Disney Experience app on their mobile devices.
Mobile Ordering Participating Locations:
Magic Kingdom Park:
Columbia Harbour House
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
The Lunching Pad
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café
Pinocchio Village Haus
Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant*
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo Opens 8/29/19!
Milk Stand Opens 8/29/19!
Ronto Roasters Opens 8/29/19!
Rosie’s All-American Café
Woody’s Lunch Box
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
Flame Tree Barbecue
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort:
How to place your order
1. Open the My Disney Experience app on your device.
2. Under the My Plans section of the app, select Order Food.
3. Select a restaurant from the list of participating locations.
4. Check out the menu options and start to build your order! Below are some examples from Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe from the Magic Kingdom
5. You may click on individual items to learn more about the dish you are interested in. And if your option has choices involved, those choices will come up here for your selection.
6. Select “Add” the item, if you wish, to add it to your order.
Upon adding all your desired items, you can review your order, which offers you the chance to make adjustments by deleting or changing the number of any items.
7. Once you’re happy with your order, you can view your final total and select Purchase to pay for your order.
A really nice feature of Mobile Order is that you aren’t tied to a specific time to pick up your meal. You can order it while in line for a ride, and it won’t be prepared until you are ready to sit and eat.
8. When you arrive at the restaurant, simply open up your My Disney Experience app and touch the screen option that announces your arrival.
9. Your order will only be prepared once you hit the “I’m Here” option.
10. Grab your food and enjoy! You will receive a notification on where to pick up your order once the screen displays that it is ready.
The great thing about this feature is that you can take your time customizing the meal and looking at the menu in peace.
Pro Tip – If the queue looks too long when you arrive, pop open your mobile order app. Watch as you skip the line and enjoy your meal within minutes of arriving
Disney World Dining Categories
- Snack Locations: These kiosks and casual eateries offer light snacks, ice cream, milkshakes, and other tasty treats.
- Quick Service Dining: These eateries are generally either cafeteria-style or counter-service venues. You order or take the food items that you want, pay for your food and sit down to enjoy your meal.
- Fast Casual Dining: These eateries offer table service in a casual setting. These venues are themed and lots of fun, but still affordable. You can use the My Disney Experience app to make advance reservations up to 180 days in advance.
- Character Dining: These meals feature appearances by favorite Disney characters and the chance for meet-and-greets and photo opportunities. You can use the My Disney Experience app to make advance reservations for character meals up to 180 days in advance of your visit.
- Dinner Shows: Several venues offer dinner accompanied by a live entertainment show. Use the My Disney Experience app to make advance reservations up to 180 days before your visit.
- Fine Dining: These restaurants offer table service in a dressier setting. This category is primarily located at Disney World Resort hotels and the Disney Springs dining, shopping, and entertainment district.
Please share your thoughts in the comments or reach out on social media...We would love to hear from you.
You May Also Like…