Hours after the last guests have left the Magic Kingdom on the last night of the Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Disney transforms the space into a Winter Wonderland in record time. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is the focal point of Christmas festivities at the Magic Kingdom and we are here to provide you with the ultimate guide.
Family Guide to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2019 is a separately ticketed event, which means you must purchase a party ticket to attend. The party begins at 7 p.m., after regular park hours, but guests can enter as early as 4 pm with their Party ticket. Non-party guests are asked to leave by 6 pm.
To which I earn a small commission, at zero cost to you!
Here are the main Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party offerings:
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show
- The Edge Effect
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration
- Reindeer Wranglers
- Character Dance Parties
- Holiday Wishes Fireworks
- Meet and Greets with (some) characters dressed in holiday attire
- Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa
- Snow on Main Street
- Fireworks Holiday Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace (extra charge)
- Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party (extra charge)
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2019 Dates, Tickets and Pricing
Here are Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2019 dates:
- November 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22, 24
- December 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Prices
Prices for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party start at $99 for adults and $94 for children. Tickets are $10 more expensive at the gates, and Annual Passholders entitled to save $5 per ticket on select nights―and save an additional $10 per ticket when you purchase in advance.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party map
Important Things to Bring to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Planning on bringing the family? Here’s what I personally recommend that you bring to your Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party experience:
- Jackets – temperature tends to drop at night.
- Christmas light/glow-in-the-dark necklaces
- Ziplock bags for storing your cookies and treats for later!
TIP: Pick up a few treats on the way to other events through the park. Store in baggies and eat in lines or when the kids are bored/hungry through the night.
How Special Ticketed Events Like This Work
Only guests with tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are allowed in the Magic Kingdom on party days after 7 PM. The Magic Kingdom technically closes to people without tickets to the event at 6 PM. Those who have tickets only for the party can enter the park as early as 4 PM.
DVC Members Enter As Early As 2:00
Tickets can be loaded onto your Magic Band through your My Disney Experience app just like other Walt Disney World tickets.
Disney typically hands out wristbands for these types of events, in order to know who is allowed in. If you are already in the park because you had a Park ticket for that day and you have a ticket for the special event, head over to a designated wristband location to get your wristband.
Wristbands can be picked up at:
- the front of the park (as you enter)
- inside the Chamber of Commerce building on Main Street
- near Buzz Lightyear
- outside of Mickey’s Philharmagic
- Guest Relations window in Liberty Square
- near Tortuga Tavern
Entrance Procedures & Overview of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2019
Once you enter the party, guests have a VIP entrance through the backside of Main Street behind Tony’s Town Square Restaurant. This is also the first treat spot as cast members will be handing out Santa sugar cookies. There were also fun photo-ops with props and a few merchandise kiosks for those interested in special holiday Mickey ears or a T-shirt.
Planning is critical at these parties as you will only have 5 hours to accomplish a laundry list of activities.
A Celebration Filled with Disney Characters
Expected Character Greetings at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2019
Special characters are one of the main draws of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Rare characters such as Jack Skellington aka Sandy Claws and the princes can be found, and “regular” characters are out in their holiday outfits.
Crowds die down later in the night and characters become less of a priority. Anytime after Holiday Wishes at 10 p.m., you’re likely to have shorter waits.
Meet And Greet Opportunities With Disney Characters
- Moana – in the Enchanted Tiki Room
- Captain Jack Sparrow – at the stage outside of Pirates of the Caribbean
- Aladdin with Abu – at the Agrabah Bazaar, this pair swaps sets with Jasmine and Genie
- Jasmine with Genie – at the Agrabah Bazaar, this pair swaps sets with Aladdin and Abu
- Peter Pan – roaming throughout Adventureland
- Donald & Scrooge McDuck – In Storybook Circus near the Casey Jr. Splash ‘n’ Soak Area
- Daisy & Minnie – Fantasyland Train Station in Storybook Circus
- Vampirina, Doc McStuffins & Timon – Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jingle Jam in Storybook Circus next to Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Santa Goofy – between Barnstormer and Dumbo
- Seven Dwarfs – Storybook Circus inside Pete’s Silly Side Show
- Belle – Fantasyland near Gaston’s
- Ariel and Prince Eric – near Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Cinderella and Prince Charming – inside Princess Fairytale Hall (meets with Elena of Avalor)
- Elena of Avalor – inside Princess Fairytale Hall (meets with Cinderella and Prince Charming)
- Tiana and Naveen – inside Princess Fairytale Hall (Meets with Rapunzel and Flynn Rider)
- Rapunzel and Flynn Rider – inside Princess Fairytale Hall (meets with Tiana and Prince Naveen)
- Snow White and her prince – along Fantasyland wall near the Pinocchio Village Haus restrooms
- Aurora and Prince Phillip – along Fantasyland wall near the Pinocchio Village Haus restrooms
- Tigger and Friends – near Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mary Poppins & Bert – in the Gazebo behind Ye Olde Christmas Shop
- Santa Claus – near City Hall. It doesn’t meet during the parades. It can meet during the day!
- Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws and Sally – inside Town Square Theater. Line up early! Meet and greets start as early as 4:30 pm. Wait until the very end for the shortest waits.
- Mickey Mouse – inside Town Square Theater
- Reindeer and Polar Bears – inside Cosmic Ray’s
- Nick Wilde & Judy Hopps – near Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Big Al, Liverlips, Shaker and Wendell (Country Bears) – near Country Bear Jamboree
Party-exclusive characters can now be located using the MyDisneyExperience app.
Attractions Open During the Event
Discover dozens of iconic Magic Kingdom attractions you’re welcome to enjoy as you explore each land!
Here’s a list of what is open:
- Adventureland – Pirates of the Caribbean, The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Swiss Family Treehouse, and Jungle Cruise (has a Christmas twist)
- Frontierland – Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, Country Bear Jamboree
- Liberty Square – The Haunted Mansion
- Fantasyland – Princess Fairytale Hall, Peter Pan’s Flight, Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Mickey’s Philharmagic, It’s A Small World, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Barnstormer, Mad Tea Party, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Tomorrowland – Astro Orbiter, Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Tomorrowland Speedway
- Main Street U.S.A – Characters at the Town Square Theater
The wait times get shorter and shorter as the night goes on. Aside from waiting until later in the night, the best time to hit popular rides is during parade and showtimes.
Mickey’s Christmas Party Exclusive Entertainment
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks (New For 2019!) – This show is brand new for 2019.
“A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” – Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski, and Stitch join host Haley Comet for an intergalactic musical revue at the Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland. The show features interstellar takes on popular Christmas songs, including “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and “Jingle Bells.”
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade – Guests can wave to their favourite Disney characters, as well as gingerbread men, elves, reindeer and even Santa Claus as this holiday parade travels through the Magic Kingdom.
Tip – See the second showing of the parade for lighter crowds and enjoy even lighter wait times for other activities. The best spot for this parade is on Main Street. The ice castle makes it a pictures perfect viewing spot for the parade.
Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration – Beloved Disney characters sing and ring in the holidays during this unforgettable show on the Castle Forecourt Stage.
A Frozen Holiday Wish – Elsa and Anna transformCinderella’s Castle into a sparkling palace of ice.
Holiday Wishes Fireworks – Hosted by Jiminy Cricket, this nighttime spectacular features dazzling fireworks along with classic seasonal songs and holiday-themed magic on Cinderella Castle.
Character Dance Party At Club Tinsel – Guests will dance the night away with holiday friends inside Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café in Tomorrowland.
Disney Junior Jingle Jam – This high energy dance party features favourite Disney Junior characters such as Vampirina, Timon and Doc McStuffins. While the characters don’t pose for photos per se, you can snap a quick photo as they make their rounds dancing. This is a fun event for little ones!
Find a good seat for the 10:30 p.m. showing, and stick around in that same spot for the 11 p.m. parade!
A Magical Snowfall (Main Street U.S.A.)
Snow falls on Main Street U.S.A. as part of the parade and at the time the park closes.
Christmas Party Entertainment Tentative Schedule
Since you (probably) only have one night at the party, you’re going to need to make sure to plan your schedule wisely. Typically, you’re going to have a stretch where you just hop from show to show with maybe enough time for a snack break.
We have listed below the showtimes from 2018. We will be updating them with this year’s times as soon as Disney announces them.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish – 8:15 pm (once per night, must watch!)
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade — 8:30 PM, 11 PM (plan to watch both)
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration — 7:40PM, 9:25PM, 10:30PM, 11:55PM
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks — 10 PM (once per night, must watch)
- The Edge Effect — 8:10PM, 9PM, 10:20PM, 11:10PM
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas — 7:45PM, 8:35PM, 9:25PM, 10:45PM, 11:35PM
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Eats
What’s a party without snacks; included in your party ticket are a handful of free party snacks like cookies, snow-cones, and pretzels, and Specialty Party Treats (not so free, but just as yummy) like yule logs, Red Velvet Mickey Waffles with Ice Cream, and a Sandy Claws Push Pop!
Keep an eye out for gigantic, inflatable peppermint sticks to signify a treat location!
Restaurants Open During Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party:
- Main Street Bakery
- Casey’s Corner
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- Aloha Isle
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe
- Columbia Harbour House
- Liberty Square Market
- Sleepy Hollow
- Gaston’s Tavern
- Storybook Treats
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- The Lunching Pad
All the Treats at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
FREE treats for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party!
There’s also an array of complimentary goodies that you won’t want to miss out on. Alternative allergy-friendly goodies are also available upon request.
- Main Street: Red Mickey Santa Sugar Cookie
- Tortuga Tavern: Snowman Soft Pretzel and Shaved Ice
- Liberty Square: Ginger Molasses Cookie and Eggnog
- Pinocchio Village Haus: Hot Chocolate, Fruit-flavored Soda, and a variety of holiday cookies
- Friar’s Nook: Chilled Apple Cider and Chocolates
- Storybook Snacks Cart: Peppermint Crunch Cookie
- Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies: Chocolate Chip Cookie and Shaved Ice
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café: Snickerdoodle Cookie and Hot Chocolate
Party Exclusive foods that you can purchase
There are a ton of foods that so far seem to be party exclusive. They’re not advertised as such, so some of them may pop up later on Magic Kingdom’s regular menus. Among the ones we encountered were:
Main Street Bakery
- Holiday Mickey Cinnamon Roll (served daily throughout the holiday season) – with red and green icing garnished with a Mickey Santa Hat
- Chocolate Yule Log (gluten friendly) – with chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, chocolate ganache, and a white chocolate piece featuring Mickey and Minnie
- Sugar Rush Jumbo Cupcake (served daily throughout the holiday season) – red velvet vanilla swirl cupcake with peppermint icing, assorted candy, sprinkles, and a white chocolate Wreck-It Ralph piece
- Mickey Ornament Gingerbread Cookie – gingerbread cookie dipped in icing
- Ugly Sweater Brownie (served daily throughout the holiday season)
- Poutine Dog – a hot dog topped with fries, poutine gravy, cheese curds, and chives
Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- Peppermint Ice Cream Sundae or Cone (served daily throughout the holiday season)
- Sandy Claws Dessert – toy sack cake pop wrapped in fondant with white chocolate Sandy Claws piece
- Red Velvet Zero Waffles – red velvet waffles with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and holiday sprinkles
- Gaston’s Cinnamon Roll (served daily throughout the holiday season) – cinnamon roll topped with red and white icing
- Vanellope Éclair – éclair with fruity cereal filling and topped with chocolate pieces
- Peppermint Soft-Serve Cone(served daily throughout the holiday season)
- Peppermint Soft-Serve Sundae (served daily throughout the holiday season) Watch out for the red and white striped paper straw dipped in chocolate and crushed peppermint. Some have gotten a little too excited and eaten the paper straw!
- Scrooge McDuck Eggnog Custard (gluten friendly) – eggnog custard topped with spiced chocolate cake meringue and a gold foil chocolate Scrooge McDuck coin
Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Mickey’s Very Berry Lemonade (served daily throughout the holiday season) – red and green strawberry lemonade
- Holiday Burger – burger on Texas toast with roasted turkey, Muenster cheese, stuffing, and cranberry sauce
Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies
(note: this location closes at 5:00 pm on party nights)
- Christmas Cookie Sundae (served daily throughout the holiday season) – cookie butter ice cream topped with whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and sprinkles
- Christmas Cookie Milkshake (served daily throughout the holiday season) – cookie butter milkshake with cotton candy and a Mickey marshmallow paper straw
Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café
- Feliz Navidad Nachos – red and green tortilla chips topped with turkey chilli and queso sauce
- Three Caballeros Spiced Chocolate Yule Log (gluten friendly) – chocolate mousse with flourless chocolate cake topped with spiced chocolate ganache, powdered sugar, and white chocolate piece
- Churro Bites with Red and Green Sugar (served daily throughout the holiday season) – served with chocolate dipping sauce
Churro Carts Throughout the Park
- Red and Green Sugar Churros (served daily throughout the holiday season)
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Dining
Valid tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are required to make reservations and are not included in the price of dining or dessert party packages. Reservations will not be available through each restaurant’s dining page for the duration of the event.
This is the same as dining at any Table Service restaurant within the Magic Kingdom, however, any reservations made after 6:10 pm will require party tickets as you will exit the restaurant during party hours.
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing
Before Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks show—at a table decked with boughs of holly—discover a bountiful dessert buffet featuring:
- Holiday-themed cupcakes and desserts prepared by our pastry chef
- Chocolate-dipped strawberries
- Ice cream
- A selection of cheeses
- Fresh, seasonal fruits
- A variety of beverages, like specialty Christmas drinks, sparkling cider, signature lemonades, hot chocolate, coffee and tea
As showtime nears, Cast Members will escort you to a prime standing area in the Plaza Garden for priority viewing of the nighttime fireworks show. Then, watch in amazement as the skies ignite and Cinderella Castle glows with enchanting illuminations.
Each premium package costs $69 for adults and $41 for children ages 3 to 9 (tax not included).
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party at Tomorrowland Terrace
Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks Dessert Party costs $84 for adults and $50 for children ages 3 to 9 (tax not included).
Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party
The new Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party, which is the exact same idea as the fireworks dessert party, but with a spread at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant, followed by reserved parade viewing for the 11 p.m. parade.
This costs $99 per person on top of the cost of your party ticket and includes savoury appetizers and desserts, plus complimentary beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages. It also extends beyond the normal end-time of Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, running until 12:30 a.m.
You can book those on the MVMCP dining page.
Remember the magic with Memory Maker
There are four “Magic Shot” locations during the party where you can get special PhotoPass Magic Shots unique to the party. These are indicated on the map. Unfortunately, you’ll have to purchase Memory Maker or otherwise have access (like though an annual pass) to enjoy the photos
Exclusive Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Merchandise
One of the fun things about a holiday party event at the Magic Kingdom is the party-specific gear! And I found lots of cool tee shirt options!
Find these products and more during the party at the shops listed below. Please note all items will be available while supplies last.
- Main Street, U.S.A. – Emporium (apparel, retail MagicBand, pins, ornament, Passholder items)
- Storybook Circus – Big Top Souvenirs (apparel, retail MagicBand, pins, ornament)
- Tomorrowland – Mickey’s Star Traders (apparel, logo pin, ornaments, Passholder items)
- Liberty Square – Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe (apparel, logo pin, ornaments)
- Frontierland – Frontier Trading Post (pins and retail MagicBand)
There are also Passholder-only party shirts and tons, tons, tons of pins!
Very Merry Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Card
Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom – There is usually an exclusive Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom card that guests can pick up for free during the party. The special card is “the Tiki Room’s four cawing birds.”