Last Updated on February 6, 2020
When we recently took our two children to Disney World, we decided that we only needed one day at the Magic Kingdom. While we had made it our priority to spend more time at Galaxy’s Edge and Festival of the Holidays, this meant we needed to cut our time in other places. While the Magic Kingdom is the best park for toddlers, we don’t all have the luxury of spending our entire vacation in one park. This is why we have created the 1-day Magic Kingdom Itinerary with kids, tried and tested.
Magic Kingdom Itinerary for Families
Every good touring plan starts with a healthy breakfast. Have breakfast at your resort or pack something to be eating while waiting in line for rope drop. The key to a good start is avoiding wasting time at meals during park hours.
Why rope drop? Sure, you are still waiting in line for an hour. But that is 1 hour outside of park time, meaning you have more physical time within the Magic Kingdom.
If, however, you can manage to get a Be Our Guest or Cinderella’s Royal Table at 8 am on a day that doesn’t have EMH, which means they will open between 9 and 9:30 am, then, by all means, schedule that meal and be in the park before anyone else is even out of bed. These are what we call pre-park opening breakfast reservations.
Don’t forget, the Magic Kingdom also has a fun little morning special called Early Morning Magic, on select mornings. It does cost extra but there are fewer people within the parks at this time, and breakfast is included. If you can’t see yourself being at the parks for EMH, then try your hand at EMM.
- Breakfast at Be Our Guest before park open
- Wait in line and be the first to ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
- The Barnstormer
- Casey Jr Splash ‘n’ Soak station
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh FP
- Prince Charmings Regal Carrousel
- Mickey’s Philharmagic
- It’s A Small World
- Lunch; Pinocchio Haus
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority
- Carousel of Progress
- Monsters Inc Laugh floor
- Buzz Lightyear FP
- Pirates of the Caribean
- Enchanted Tiki Room
- Country Bears Jamboree
- Festival of Fantasy Parade at 2:00 pm watch from Adventureland, it passes just in front of the Country Bears Jamboree. Find a spot 45-30 minutes before. This is a good time to grab a snack to enjoy while you wait. Use Mobile Ordering to order and save time. Read more -> Why We Always Use Mobile Ordering + How It Saves Us Time at the Disney Parks
- Jungle Cruise FP
- Dinner at Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen or Liberty Tree Tavern – Reservations are required up to 180 days in advance
- Any Attractions we missed or wanted to ride again
- Nighttime spectacular
This Magic Kingdom itinerary is mostly attraction based and not character-based. If you are interested in meeting characters schedule your day around them as well.
The majority of visitors will be following the clockwise pattern so it is important to get your fast passes in order as well as make wise break-time choices. We scheduled lunch a little earlier than the norm, only because the crowds will start to die down around noon when they all start finding lunch spots.
Having an early lunch and minimizing your morning breaks maximizes your chances of getting to where you want to be for the parade. I hate doubling back, for any reason, so I want to plan my day that I am near Main street (crossing into Adventureland) around 1:30 pm when I will be waiting for the parade.
You May Also Like…