Last Updated on May 25, 2020
Everyone loves a churro! With this recipe, you can make the tasty sticks of fried dough right at home.
Disney’s parks may still be closed around the world, but fans are keeping the magic alive by watching ride-videos of some of its most iconic attractions, making Disney-inspired recipes and catching up on Disney vacation planning. Now Disney is making it even easier to feel like you’re in the Magic Kingdom because they’ve finally spilled the recipe for their famous churros so you can make them at home.
The recipe serves four people and is a perfect snack to enjoy while homeschooling, or simply catching up to the latest Disney+ release.
What are churros?
They are pieces of pastry dough often twisted into sticks, then deep fried and rolled in cinnamon sugar.
Churros are Spanish in origin but eaten all over the world, especially at fairs, carnivals and theme parks (like the Disney parks!).
- 1 cup Water
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon Divided
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Vegetable or Canola oil
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Using caution, heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
You May Also Like…
How to Draw Cute Disney Characters Step By Step With These Amazing Artists
15+ Best Additions Coming for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary
Chocolate Chip Cookies from Our Disney Snack Bag
Disney CopyCat recipes to try at Home
How to bring Disney work to you when you can’t visit the Parks