Disney Cruise Line is a premium cruise line. Fares tend to be higher than those of mainstream lines, but they are also more inclusive. A prime example of this is soft drinks, which are included in Disney Cruise Line fares but not on most mainstream cruise lines.
Everything that you NEED is included. So there is no reason that you should be spending money if you don’t want to (with the exception of gratuities). Here’s a rundown of what’s included in a Disney Cruise Line fare and what’s not.
To which I earn a small commission, at zero cost to you!
Included on a Disney Cruise
- stateroom accommodations
- dining at three sit-down meals a day plus casual buffets and snacks (soft-serve ice cream, burgers, pizza, wraps, hot dogs, etc)
- 24-hour room service
- tap water, coffee, tea, milk, juice, and soft drinks
- nightly musicals
- movie screenings, including first-run and 3-D films
- family activities including trivia games, live musicians and other entertainers, poolside movies, animation workshops, and more
- deck parties and fireworks at sea
- special events and parties that feature many extra activities and shows during Halloween and the holiday season
- youth club activities for kids ages 3 to 17
- access to pool areas, water slides, splash areas, etc
- Disney character experiences throughout the day and evening
- fitness room (age 18 and up)
- on Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island (Bahamas): barbecue buffet lunch, non-alcoholic soft drinks, soft-serve ice cream, youth activities, character experiences, beach access
Not Included on a Disney Cruise
- spa treatments and access to the Rainforest Room (sauna, steam room, heated lounge chairs)
- premium adult-only dining in Palo or Remy ($25/person upcharge)
- alcoholic beverages, smoothies and non-alcoholic specialty drinks, specialty coffees, plus gratuity (15% automatically added)
- bottled water (still or sparkling) at mealtimes
- nursery for babies and toddlers 6 to 35 months old
- some adult classes and activities (wine tastings, Bingo, etc)
- shore excursions and tours
- wi-fi access, starting at $19 for 100MB, with the exception of the free Disney Cruise Line Navigator app
- photos taken by Disney photographers
- on Castaway Cay, alcoholic and specialty drinks, bike rentals, hair braiding, inner tube and snorkeling gear rentals, sailboat and Jetski rentals, stingray encounter, souvenirs, etc.
- gratuities for your stateroom host and designated dining servers, including the head server, main server and assistant server. This works out to $12/day per person due at the end of the cruise.
- ground transportation from the airport to the port and vice versa.
Please share your thoughts in the comments or reach out on social media...We would love to hear from you.
You May Also Like…
For Disney destinations, our preferred travel agency is Clickthemouse.
They specialize in Disney destinations and will help you with all the details like dining, FastPasses, Magical Express, park days, etc. The best part is that their services are FREE when you book your vacation with them. Personalized service at no extra cost to you! To get a quote from a Click the Mouse travel agent, simply click on the quote button below and they will be in touch: